Web Developer at Suran Systems
Febuary 2013 —– Present
- Full Stack Developer, mainly using Ruby on Rails.
- Upgraded multiple Rails 2.1 apps to Rails 3 then Rails 4 including our main app (~20k LOC).
- Unique opportunity of using a single rails app to interface with hundreds of separate postgresql databases.
- Rebuilt a legacy Rails app used for desktop activation for 10x performance gains.
- Built a high-traffic API in Sinatra used for provisioning for our mobile applications on both iOS and Android.
- Currently leveraging both Redis and Memcached for performance.
- Have set up both Mac and Linux servers for deployment with Nginx, Passenger or Puma.
- Using Rspec for testing and working towards complete Test Driven Development.
- Using Agile practices (standups, sprints, retrospectives) and Atlassian products (Jira, Confluenece).
Software Test Engineer at Lexmark Inc.
June 2012 — November 2012
- Worked on a team to develop, maintain, and test printing performance of various laser printers.
- Worked with existing code in Perl, PHP, and telnet to control timing sensors and log data.
- Created a Ruby script to help automate ISO log creation process.
Assistant Network Administrator at Galen College
Summers 2008 — 2011
- Helped set up and maintain 250+ Dell Workstations and 5 servers.
- I.T. Support: worked for corporate, faculty, and students to solve common computer problems.
Dual Major at the University of Kentucky Graduated May, 2012
- Majored in Computer Engineering and Computer Science.
- Minor in Mathematics.
- Completed the Honors Track.